Historical Key Events of PDIL
- In the year 1951, PDIL was established as a technical unit of Indian Fertilizer Corporation Limited with the aim of achieving technical self-sufficiency.
- Its activities expanded in 1961 and it became the planning and development division of the FCI (P & D).
- In 1978, the FCI was restructured and this P & D division came into existence as an independent public sector company, which was incorporated on March 7, 1978 as Fertilizer Planning and Development India Limited (FPDIL).
- In 1981, the name of FPDIL changed to Projects and Development India Limited (PDIL) for the purpose of providing services in other diversified areas in addition to areas of fertilizers and chemicals.
- In 2011, Became Min-Ratna-I.
Since, its formation, PDIL has been involved in the design, engineering and construction of almost all the major grass-root fertilizer projects in India.
At present, India is ranked fourth in the world in terms of installed capacity and consumption of nitrogenous fertilizers, a vital economical input for the agricultural sector. Over two-third of the installed capacity of nitrogenous fertilizers in India is produced in plants, engineered and constructed by PDIL